This week I dove into making backgrounds for Robo-Rinku. These were made in Blender.
The Ballroom I built from scratch. I found a reference image I liked of a mirrored building and tried to do something similar. I first made the window and column, then used the array modifier with central point and spun the windows around. I wanted to go for a fanciful mirror/glass structure that wouldn’t exist in the real world because it’s in cyber-space!
Hojun’s apartment is actually the original I used for the comic. I made a little changes like adding some bevel to the edges of the building and then plopped it onto the side of the city I used in the last pic. I’m not quite happy with the coloring, but I can come back to it later.
All the images went through post-processing in Clip Studio with a combo of hardlight, glow dodge and multiply.
We’ve been moving right along with development of the Robo-Rinku Visual novel. We’ve converted our dialog to use Fungus’ new Conversation System that I helped develop and I came up with a particle system to use in my game! You can see me play around with it here:
Warning! I have figured out this is super slow and there is a better way to do this!!!!
I didn’t realize it was so slow until I watched it run on someone else’s laptop. It was baaaaaad.
I found a better way to do this, which is export the animation frames as a series of jpegs, and in Unity, if you drag and drop all those frames into your game, it will automatically make an animation object. From that you can set up triggers to start and stop it. Fungus has a command that sets animation triggers you can use, but if you’re like me and doing way too much in Lua, I made this: