Robo-Rinku Visual Novel – SPRINT 03

Welcoming a new memeber: Kelly at BloomingNerd Studio!

Kelly is joining the team as our new project manager. He’ll bring some structure to the chaos and crush blockers with zeal. He has a Tumblr full of silly sailor moon screenshots (I highly recommend checking this out), a nerdy website where he blogs mostly about tabletop gaming, and a twitter. He’ll also be running a game at Gencon called The Superfun TV Adventure Hour: A game he developed based on the Fate System. Superfun TV Adventure will soon be published in the Fate Codex. I’ve played Superfun myself and it lives up to it’s name.

Writing

Transcription of the original chapters are finished so I can start using that as example text. We’re getting closer to having something that resembles a game!

Character Redesigns

At the top of the post are some sketches and one that I liked enough to color. That’s all you’re getting for now! :p

Share on FacebookTweet about this on TwitterShare on RedditShare on TumblrPin on PinterestEmail this to someone

Robo-Rinku Visual Novel – Sprint 02

Narrative
Editor-san wrote five-chapters worth of the original comic.
Yay Editor-san!

Code
I found a handy way to use the new Fungus Lua script to make the script-writing more streamlined.

You can use aliases to shorten existing function names.

You can define functions per Character and overload the function to offer the ability to specify which picture to use.

If you want to play with Lua yourself, GOOD NEWS! It’s in the latest 3.0 beta release of Fungus! Here is the impressive changelog listing the new features. I added the “Play from Selected” and “Stop All and Play” features 🙂 Check it out and give it a spin.

Share on FacebookTweet about this on TwitterShare on RedditShare on TumblrPin on PinterestEmail this to someone

Robo-Rinku Visual Novel – Sprint 01

Created modal windows to use in a save menu.

  • I followed this tutorial on modal windows in Unity.
  • Used that knowledge to make a standard modal window to use for any menu element I might want.
  • Added a save and load button to a dialog box.
  • Started working on events and extending menu screens.

This is what I have so far:

Modal window progress demonstration
Modal window progress demonstration

It took longer than I expected to get this far in creating the menu. I should have broken it up into smaller portions to work on. I said I was going to “Make a save and load modal window” for 11 points, but I should have made several stories: “make a modal window”, “add save function”, “add multiple-saves function”, “add load function”, etc…. I really bit off more than I could chew.

You can take a look at my in-progress Github branch here.

Made some decisions about the script and how it will differ from the original story.

Our week was cut short with vacations and Mother’s Day weekend, but we still made some really good progress.

Share on FacebookTweet about this on TwitterShare on RedditShare on TumblrPin on PinterestEmail this to someone
1 3 4 5 6 7 8