This week I dove into making backgrounds for Robo-Rinku. These were made in Blender.
The Ballroom I built from scratch. I found a reference image I liked of a mirrored building and tried to do something similar. I first made the window and column, then used the array modifier with central point and spun the windows around. I wanted to go for a fanciful mirror/glass structure that wouldn’t exist in the real world because it’s in cyber-space!
Hojun’s apartment is actually the original I used for the comic. I made a little changes like adding some bevel to the edges of the building and then plopped it onto the side of the city I used in the last pic. I’m not quite happy with the coloring, but I can come back to it later.
All the images went through post-processing in Clip Studio with a combo of hardlight, glow dodge and multiply.
We’ve been moving right along with development of the Robo-Rinku Visual novel. We’ve converted our dialog to use Fungus’ new Conversation System that I helped develop and I came up with a particle system to use in my game! You can see me play around with it here:
Welcoming a new memeber: Kelly at BloomingNerd Studio!
Kelly is joining the team as our new project manager. He’ll bring some structure to the chaos and crush blockers with zeal. He has a Tumblr full of silly sailor moon screenshots (I highly recommend checking this out), a nerdy website where he blogs mostly about tabletop gaming, and a twitter. He’ll also be running a game at Gencon called The Superfun TV Adventure Hour: A game he developed based on the Fate System. Superfun TV Adventure will soon be published in the Fate Codex. I’ve played Superfun myself and it lives up to it’s name.
Transcription of the original chapters are finished so I can start using that as example text. We’re getting closer to having something that resembles a game!
At the top of the post are some sketches and one that I liked enough to color. That’s all you’re getting for now! :p